Friday, January 2, 2009

Try, Try, Try again


So here I go at trying this project again. Last year I tried my hand at making a loom fitted vest. I wove it, washed and dried it and then I started to sew up the sides. Well guess what it was to short. So I tried it again this time it wasn’t wide enough. The third time I had tension problems and the fourth time I some how miss calculated the warp and didn’t have enough. The picture is of the first four attempts.

So I try and I try with no success and what do I do I try again. That is what you are supposed to do, so I here. In total reality I really thought it would be cool to have a vest that was loom fitted and I won’t let this stop me from achieving that goal.

What am I doing about it? Let me tell you, I have gone a head and warped the loom for the fifth try. Since I have learned from my past mistakes and have rectified them. I do believe that this vest is going to work.

The picture below show the warp of the vest, it’s mainly green with blues, purple, neutrals, black and a little burgundy. I placed these colors randomly throughout the warp so there wouldn’t be any formal striping. Just stripes that are heavy then thin a little and return after a little sea of green. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like that arrangement but I do. So as I get it woven I will post some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.....



___________________
Rozydesouza
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free