Friday, February 27, 2015

Pin Loom Weaving

I finished reading Margaret Stumps book. This is the one I was talking about yestetday. I was correct in what I had said, but it is a very good book. If you are looking for a book on how to make your woven squares more artistically art them selves. Via color, texture, pattern or perhaps a combination. Then this is not the book for you.

This book does have instructions to weave a basic square or what she calls weavies (that covers all shapes made with pin looms). There are seven pattern weaves given and crochet instructions. Which get used in tge finishing and sometimes joining of the weavies. She also gives four joining techniques and suggest that if you need to block use steam. Which she givesb directions on how to do that as well. The houndstooth pattern I was talking about, she does give directions on how to do it. For me those directions are gard to follow I need to see what she is saying. What she haf written and how my mind was translating it weren't the same.

The rest of the book is projects andvthst is why you want the book. All the projects are fun and easy to do, plus she incurregise you to go beyond what she has done. To use the book as a starting point and make what she has done your own.

So I would say get the 100 pin loom squares for great squares and get pin loom weaving for the amazing projects.

No comments: