Thursday, February 26, 2015

New Books

I got a couple of new book's yesterday. The first one is Pin Loom Weaving: 40 projects for tiny hand looms by Margaret Stump. The second is bran new and was just released, 100 Pin Loom Squares: 100 exciting color combinations to try, plus 15 stylish projects by Florencia Campos Correa.

I haven't had a chance to read they from cover to cover. Yet if all I would have purchased was the first book. I would have been bit disappointed. The projects are amazing and you can get some great ideas from them. What was disappointing was the little amount of information on the squares them selves. It is possible I can stand corrected after I read it but I'm not a hundred percent on that.

The second book has all the different squares and the color combinations to go with them. It even gives you instructions on how to make a hounds tooth square. The first book has a project with a hounds tooth pattern. Except there is only a small block on the subject of creating the square.

My personal opinion is that bith books are essential to have. The first one for the projects and the second on how to create the squares. Than you would set too go and be able to create anything. Now before I go as I said before I have to read them and when I do, if I found I was worng I will apologize and post my findings.

No comments: