Saturday, February 7, 2015

Lace Days 2015

Today I got to go to Lost Art Lacers, lace days. The years past they have been held in Lafayette NJ. This year they moved the location to Newton NJ. Actually it was a much larger room. Below you will find picrures of some of the pieces that the members have done. From tatting to bobbin lace and there mite be some neddle and knitted lace in there too.

I had a lot of fun as I always do. I of course did some purchasing. That was the whole point of me being there and of course see old friends. Which I did as well.

I wasn't going to but I changed my mind and picked up more bobbins. 50 to be exact and the kind I get are a dollar a piece. That is the normal price for the bobbins abd is the cheapest as well. Anyway as I walked around I found more bobbins counted in bags. I would guess about 2 dozen per bag and they where marked $6.00. I asked if that was $6.00 per bobbin (which is possible) or per bag. It was per bag so of course I bought all the ones she had that where the kind I use. Six bags in total, I haven't counted all of them yet so I'm estimating I got an extra 100 bobbins for $30.00. Sweet! I'm currently working on making the holder's for them. I finish them up after work.

I did get some more items such as a bobbin winder, a pillow stand, the book Pillow or Bobbin Lace Technique, Patterns, History. I also got a new pillow, it's a block pillow which is some thing I was thinking of making. It's a kit so I have to cover the blocks. I also picked up some more thread as well. Pictures of all are below. Something cool is the one thread I got is 100/2 I was told you can't gey that in this country. Well I got it, so it will be neat to work with.

The Metropolitan chapter is the guild that I first went to and started my lace obsession. I was only ever to two lace days there. There supplier went out of business and they where going to stop having lace days. I found out thay they still have them on the first weekend in November. Guess where I'm going the first weekend in November.

No comments: