Monday, June 8, 2015

Cabinet

While I was walking around the flea market one weekend. I came across this cabinet that is totally portable. While talking to the gentleman selling the piece he said he knew it was used for to things. One it held herbs and the second was sewing supplies.

I was so intrigued by it I bought it. On the out side it has oriental paper for decoration and to handles. The inside is made up of different size shelves. There was also a table that lifted out on the left interior. The hinge marks are still there. On the right side therw is a little metal bar that swings out. I not sure what that's for.

I had originally thought that this piece was an apothecary cabinet. After thinking about it while writing this post. I think it was more likely an artist cabinet. I my self an going to see if it will work as a boobin lace cabinet. I'll keep you posted if I do.

No comments: