Thursday, April 6, 2017

Birthday Presents

Ed and I had the pleasure of attending our Great Nieces first birthday party. Well with all parties of this nature you need to take a gift. So we did buy a couple of things, I also made some thing as well. I wanted to make her a toy. Well I was having a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do. I had come across a crochet bird pattern. So I decided to make one.

The original is actually made of wool. I decided to go with cotton it's easier to keep clean. All you need to do is through it in the washer and dryer and your good to go. the pattern is very interesting I had never done the magical circle before. It made it much easier to do then a chain method. The only thing I wouldn't do is use the magic circle for something flat. It naturally cups as you go around so your not able to have a flat piece. It looks more like a bowl. At any rate it is still much easier then the chain method.

Another gift I withed to make her was a bag. The bag itself is store fabric that I sewed into the bag. But what i did do was inkle weave the straps. Since the material is cow print I went with black and white checks to simulate that effect. It came out really well. The party was a wonderful affair and the gifts where well received
. Now I just have to figure what I'm going to make her next.



No comments: