Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Placemats

One of the things that I have been wanting to make for resale was placemats. In the past I have woven with hemp cord an corn husk. Well I wanted to try something a little different. So I picked up some chopsticks at the restraint supply store. An I'm using them as the weft along with the paper sleeve for the mats them selves. The warp is 10/2 pearl cotton set at 8 epi, I didn't want a real close set. The only other thing I didn't realize is I'm going to have to twine the ends to clean them up. That won't be a hard thing at all, since the chopsticks are 9" long I decided to go with a 12" wide mat. I was originally going to go 15" but I felt that was to long. This way they can be used as lunch place mats instead of dinner. Let me know what you think.



No comments: