Monday, March 2, 2009

Philly Flower Show


I was at the Philadelphia Flower Show yesterday; this year’s theme was Bella Italia or Italy. It was absolutely gorges; the main display was a Roman Palace. As you walk in to the hall you were welcomed by the Palace walls and the formal garden that went up to the Palace it’s self. Around the long garden were four square formal gardens, all of this had statuary of the time and made for a beautiful place. That I felt you could really imagine your self being there. In ancient Rome that is.

One of the things that I enjoyed the most with this years show was that most if not all the displays had vegetables and or herbs among the flower beds in the front yards. What I have herd was that is common practice in Italy and most of Europe. I have also seen some people in this country do it as well, my self included. I just don’t see it as common practice here in the US. Which is a shame, if people would start producing there own food in there front yards they would be able to feed them selves, families and neighbors for the whole season. If they can, freeze or preserve in some other way they could have food that would keep them feed all year long.

Perhaps one day that will happen. The show was a wonderful place to be yesterday, with the onset of snow lurking upon us. I did come home with some wonderful ideas and lots of memories. I didn’t get anything from the market place; they have wonderful things at wonderful prices that I can’t afford at this time, so maybe next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...


___________________
Rozydesouza
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free