Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lace Days 2016

Today was the annual trek to Lafayette NJ for the Lost Art Lacers lace day. A wonderful day as usual plenty of thing to purchase. With demos and samples as well. New an old friends where there as well. It truly is a nice time out, unfortunately since it is such a lost art the local guild are small. So that means the lace days are small as well you only spend about an hour may be a little more if talking with friends.

As usual they did have some nice buys. I was able to get my self a round pillow with a cover. The only one I was missing, I now have a types of pillows. A new book on color techniques, some more thread(you can never have to much thread). A pattern for a fan, that is something I have always wanted to do now I have the chance. I also picked up a templet to make frogs, a chain for my scissors and a sent of tiny crochet hooks. You use them when attaching threads in lace  making.

On the way home we stopped in to a little place down Rte 611 called Hopes Favorite Things. It's just south of Mount Bethel in an old general store. It is a really nice shop, Hope is the owner and the name fits. The store is very eclectic with old an new items. One thing she has gotten into an has had since she opened last October is she became an Ashford dealer. So she has several of there spinning wheel and accessories. plus she creates her own wool bats as well. I spent all of my cash at the show with only having a couple of dollars left. So I picked up a block of bees wax for thread waxing. 

We really had a fun time today. I encourage you to head to a lace day's in you area. They are a lot of fun and a great learning platform with a great way to get your feet wet. Enjoy.









No comments: