Sunday, February 21, 2016

Jade Ram

While Ed and I where visiting a friend today. As he was showing us new thing in is studio. He was showing us these jade carved animals. They are quite beautiful, there was  a couple of lions, a monkey, ram an there was one other. I just can't remember what though. Well anyway as we where getting ready to leave he wanted me to have one of the animals. He wanted me to make something with it and of course this piece is for me and me alone. After we left his place we made one other stop, I was thinking what was I going to do. I wanted to use amethyst beads except I only had one left so I remembered I had red glass flat beads. I then decided to use the glass but with the one amethyst to break up the green and red. I also wanted to do it in macramé.

Well when I got home I actually I had five amethyst beads. So I used the red glass to extend the clasp of the ram. I then used two glass beads and one amethyst twice on each side. The beads are kept in place by the macramé. The ram of course is in the middle an since it's not a bright green the colors I choice and the hemp I used made it perfect. I am very thankful for the gift and the opportunity to stretch my imagination and use what I had to make something all my own.


No comments: