Friday, January 25, 2013

Straw Art

When I was at the Farm Show this year I had stoppedP1210033 by the wheat weaving booth after her demonstration. While I was looking around I saw a kit for straw art. With this kit you take a wheat straw and split in into (in this case) six pieces and from those strips of straw, you make stars or snowflakes from them.

The kit comes with a book, splitter and two different sized forms to make your designs with. The possibilities are almost endless, You can make designs of one, two, three or four layers and you can single designs and tie them together. The designs when you are done can be tree ornaments, window decorations, used in wreath making. They are a little delicate so some care must be taken. The kit made twenty four designs I’ve added a album for you to check them all out.

 

No comments: