Thursday, December 13, 2012

New York

A week ago Ed and I went on our yearly Christmas Shopping trip to New York City. We enjoyed ourselves as we always do. We went to Chelsea Market, Strand, Union Square (Christmas Craft Fair and Farmers Market), Macy’s (got to go too Macy's), Eataly, Donut Planet, Lord and Taylor (that one was a first for me and so was Donut Planet), Grand Central Station, Trump towers, FAO Swartz, St Patrick’s, Rockefeller and of course Time Square. I think I named all the major spots, I’m sure I left out some place we ducted into along the way Since it was raining most of the day.

While I was up there or over there how ever you want to look at it. I of course picked up some things. Like a couple of books, ok three to be exact (Thumbelina is telling me to tell the truth) two embroidery and one on palm weaving which is really cool, I finished reading it and can’t wait to get some palm come spring. You can also use native grasses and or straw, your not restricted to using palm.

I also picked up a body brush. This type of brush is soft and is used to clean the skin naturally with out soap. You only use this brush once a week and not on your face that skin is to sensitive. To use it make gentle circle motions, starting on the arms and working up. once you are done you rinse of in cool water and you can use a light moisturizer. You feel very invigorated when your done and the use of the brush not only exfoliates the skin it also helps with blood circulation. I got it at Whole Body which is part of Whole Foods.

Even with the rain Ed and I had a wonderful day in New York. We both say every time we go we could live there. Now all we have to do is come up with a million to buy a place.

No comments: