Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Seeds 2011

 

I have been waiting on posting my seed inventory, because I’m still waiting for some seeds to come in that are back ordered. Since there not here yet I will just post about them any way.

Since I have a lot of seed left from last year, this year I could have a little more fun and get seeds that I haven’t got for one reason or the other. I got a lot of heirloom fruit and medicinal seeds this year. With that I got new dying herbs, a mix of veggies some I have had and some new, cotton and a new beet (to me any way) called a mangel. A mangel is a very large beet that can grow up to twenty pounds. While the beet is young you can use it for the table or let it mature and then use it for animal fodder. I got it for the animal fodder, but of course I am curious what it tastes like so I will have to try some while they are young.

This year has been hard with the winter weather, so I hope that I will be able to get out in the garden at a reasonable time this year. This years goal is also to start raised beds, I would like to be able to get working on them next month so I can plant the early crops in April. We will have to wait and see on that one.

Below you will find the list of seeds I got this and hopefully the rest of the seeds will get here before its next winter.

  • Blueberry
  • American Current
  • Elderberry
  • Goji Berry
  • Hawthorn
  • Hardy Kiwi BO
  • Quince BO
  • Tea BO
  • Pink Banana (fruit bearing)
  • Mammoth Red Mangel
  • Red Romaine Lettuce
  • Yellow Bedstraw
  • Dyers Broom
  • Indigo (you need new seed every year)
  • Fullers Teasel
  • Opium Poppy
  • Red Foliated White Cotton
  • Sea Island Brown Cotton
  • Cosmic Purple Carrot
  • Cossack Pineapple Ground Cherries
  • Early Jersey Wakefield Cabbage
  • Golden Pascal Celery
  • Hopi Blue Dent Corn
  • Large American Flag Leek
  • Red & Yellow Cheese Pepper
  • Viroflay Spinach
  • Pink Stuffer Tomato
  • Principe Borghese Tomato
  • Large Leaf Cilantro
  • Tall Deluxe Mixture Snapdragons
  • Bird and Butterfly Garden

No comments: