Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chickens Week 6

I said last week that we would be working on a summer home for the little ones. That is exactly what we did, we enclosed part of the garden for them, built a new coop and took them up to them farm yesterday. P5260039That is why I’m a day late with the post.

They now have a 12’ – 30’ home, this is all reinforced to keep them in and everything else out. We covered the top with netting so flying predators would not be able to get to the peeps. In the run area is a coop for them to go in at night and there food and water are with them all the time.

P5260040When I opened the traveling coops to let them out in there new home, they where a little unsure of everything. They initially just went for there food. Once they got comfortable with the area they started to take dirt baths, scratch and just have chicken fun. 

This is entry on the chickens is going to be theP5260041 last one for a while. Since they are no longer at the house it’s hard for me to get a good picture of them as they grow. So I’ll post about them a little more apart, that way you can see them growing.

P5260042  P5260043

1 comment:

Michael Jasorka said...

Hey Chuck!!...
Happy I found your blog!!.. Great and inspiring stuff!!... I hope you are also staying busy with your art. Hope to see you all when I return home. (could be late august : )

Wishing you all the best!
Mike Jasorka