Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Weaving Tip / Trick


A little trick I thought up for table loom weavers is to mark your leavers for difficult or complex treadling projects. What you do is get some Post-It page markers and for every leaver that you are using mark all the treadles that leaver will be pulled.
For example leaver eight is marked 3, 4, 6 and leaver seven is marked 3, 4, 5. You read your ti-up from left to right for each leaver and mark which number in the draw down that leaver is to be pulled. In the examples I'm using, leavers seven and eight are pulled when you get to 3 in the draw down as well as 4. Leaver seven is puled at 6 and leaver eight is pulled at 5. I used these two leavers for the example because you can see what i have written on them from the picture. I also omitted the tabby from the tabs since I know what tabby is I didn't need to add it. When your done you just remove the tabs and add new ones if you need to for the next project.
I will recognise that not every table loom owner will be able to use this system. Since some leavers are on the side of the loom instead of the front or maybe you can stick the tabs so they are visible on the leavers. I really don't know it's just a thought. I hope this helps new and experienced weavers out.

No comments: