Monday, March 8, 2010

Gardening

I was able to get to the garden today and take some soil samples. I still had to shovel about a foot of snow out of my way first, but when I got too the soil it was soft, wet but soft.

I learned today that some amending needs to be done. I already new this so it was more a confirmation then not. All the levels need to bee increased a bit. Except for the pH levels their were all in range.

I did take five samples from different parts of the garden. It's kind of cool to be able to get a different result twenty feet away from the same plot of soil. It shows that you need to keep good records and be aware of what your plants need.

So all I have to do know is wait till the snow melts and amend the soil so I can start planting. I suspect that will be in early April.

No comments: