Thursday, June 30, 2016

Woven Chairs

Not so many years ago when we would flea market. I would take something crafty along to pass the time between customers. In reality we would get some extra customers, they wanted to know what I was working on. Plus they would pick something up while they happened to be there. This is some thing I haven't done for a while and decided to start up again.

Well my first project that I did to get back into the swing of things. Was really out of necessity, my chair was falling apart. A couple of years ago Ed's chair did fall apart. So I wove him a new one. I had a chair and the materials to do my own. Well I just didn't until now, that is. My chair just became horrible to sit in. So I decided to take it and the stuff with me and work on it there.

I actually started it at home and finished it at the market. I didn't do anything fancy with my because of the colors I picked. So I just went with a plain two and two twill. With the multicolored warp and black weft. I felt that was the best to show off the warp colors. I could have just done plain weave, But I liked the twill the best. The chair on the left is Ed's, that one we have gotten many compliments on. I did that one a couple of years ago. I did something a little more patterned and decided to do tabby for a little bit down on the bottom of the back. Plus a couple of rows on the seat. I got a way with a little more fancy since I only working with two colors.

These are fun projects to make if you have an old aluminum chair frame. I learned from a book, but you can look on you tube and find videos. You may see some more, possible for sale.


No comments: