Friday, January 30, 2015

A New Toy

I have been using a Singer sewing machine for over the past twenty years. If I remember correctly I bought it at Wal-Mart and fir the most part I found it to work well. With spme miner hick ups now and again.

Well l last year I decided to get a new machine, a Brother to be exact. When I first used it I found it much easier to use. It also has more features than the Singer and it's computerized. I only used it about a half dozen times and the bobbin thread started to jam up on me. I found out that tends to be a problem with these machines. Honestly I thought I was doing something wrong or I just needed to take a hammer to it.

So today I got a new machine a Janome to be percise. It too is a computerised machine, with lots if stitches and accessories. I will say it was a little expensive, close to five hundred but it comes with a guarantee. Since I got it from a reputable dealer (yup I still have a sewing machine shop in my town). It also has some nice features that the other two don't have. I believe I will be very happy with it. I'm sure along the way you will see pictures of things I've made with it. An I of course will let you all know what I think of it.

No comments: