Monday, February 3, 2014

Lace Days

This past Saturday was Lace Day’s in Lafayette, NJ. My annual trek to Lost Art Lacers, for there lace day.  You find out very quickly there aren’t that many lacers out there. Hence the name of the guild. One of the venders  that is normally there. Wasn’t this year, he sold all hand made items. That he made himself, that was a disappointment. The rest of the show was wonderful as always.

I got my self a new book on how to make lace flowers. You make each petal or leaf separately. Then attach them with florist tape. You have a wire gimp that lets you shape the leaves and petals. You also use a stiffener on each piece as well, this gives it stability. I haven’t made any yet but will soon.

I also picked up some linen thread and a pricker. Since I actually don’t have one I have been using a larger quilling needle to do the pricking. The day was a fun and full day, I look forward to next years event.

No comments: