Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bobbin Lace Continued

 

While I was at the bobbin lace class, I was given the information and pattern for the second lesson.PB230018-2 Which was a lace trim also, this one is wider and has a half stitch design with a ground area to it. I found this one to be a little more difficult to create not so much because of the different parts, but more the written directions. the directions where a little confusing for me but I got through it and got a nice looking piece of lace from it.

This piece has a half stitch design on the right side with a ground stitch on the left. On the far left is the sewing edge, that isPB230018-1 what it sounds like when you wish to sew it onto a garment or use it for trim, the outer edge has been reinforced to give the lace strength. This also gives you little wholes in which to sew through when you attach  it to your piece. From the picture on the left you can see the half stitch are with the ground to its left. If your reading this and not understanding what I’m saying, I plan on giving a more in depth description on the different stitches and have pictures to show you what I’m talking about.

If you haven’t guessed it I’m really enjoying making lace and will continue to explore this type of weaving and share my results with you all. Check back in a few days I pan on blogging some more about it.

P.S. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving.

No comments: